The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Brit a Day [#12]

Davy Jones was my first crush, but Graham Nash was my first crush with ideas about...you know...what we might do while we were lying on the Victorian couch in our big house in Laurel Canyon. I've already talked about this photographer here in my blog, Henry Diltz. Henry Diltz's pictures shaped my adolescence and my dreams. He took this one on the road to Big Bear for a photo shoot. Joni Mitchell was Graham's girlfriend at the time. Talk about a power couple.

Diltz's years photographing Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young were the same as my years of dreaming about Graham Nash and the big couch in the mansion in southern California, a place I would land in about 20 years. My couch isn't Victorian and my house is no mansion, but I got the most important part right--love, family, and a home in southern California.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How very nice of you... I'm flattered..

Graham Nash

Jane is a said...

are you SERIOUS?