The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Monday, February 8, 2010

A Brit a Day [#9]

AHA! it looks like I might be able to post a Brit today, at least until the laptop implodes. My laptop is seriously ill. We've been talking about what to do, and apparently you can re-set a computer to its set-up at some distinct point in the past--kind of like time travel for the downloadable portion of your life. In honor of time travel, I'll post a picture of everyone's favorite time-travelling Scotsman, Desmond Hume from 'Lost'. Notice I did not say 'favorite time-travelling Brit', as that would probably be Dr. Who.

And since it's Monday, and since "A Brit A Day" is sooo far behind, I thought we could use 360 degrees of Alan Rickman, too.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RAWR! LOVE that pic of Ian as Des! One of my favorites...
Thanks! :)