The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Calling Guest Readers

In support of a forum post I made at another site today, and in preparation for Read Across America, an event that takes place at my kids' schools each year at the beginning of March, I'm going to give you my list of Scots who I would like to have read bedtime stories to me--
1] Henry Ian Cusick--top honors, of course
2] Prime Minister Gordon Brown
3] Billy Connelly--as in 'A Series of Unfortunate Events'
4] Graham Nash--ok, I know he's not Scottish, but I have an ulterior motive for listing his name here
5] Craig Ferguson--he's a little scary, so I might not let him sit on the bed.
6] Ewan MacGregor
7] Professor Angus MacIntyre, my senior-year math advisor from college

No comments: