The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Brit a Day [#49]

Henry Ian Cusick with 'Lost' director Jack Bender. I'd like to think they are discussing the episode titled 'The Constant', but I don't think they are. 'Lost' fans pretty much agree that 'The Constant' is one of the most emotionally satisfying eps of 'Lost' ever. On the DVD Commentary for that episode, Bender and the ep's film editor can't say enough nice things about Ian's performance. Bender says, 'I told Ian you know what this is and I think you have to go there, and he did it.' The editor says Ian is an editor's dream with the amount of material Ian gave him to work with from each scene's series of takes. With 'Lost' coming to an end, I hope they give him a few more scenes worthy of his talent.

No comments: