The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Brit a Day [#38]

This post is for Sunday. It's posting on Saturday, but it's for Sunday. My kids and I saw the Tim Burton "Alice in Wonderland" this afternoon. We got to see a lot of Helena Bonham-Carter, and although we heard the voice known as 'oil dripping on velvet,' we did not see his lovely face. Here is Alan Rickman and Ms. Bonham-Carter as we love them most, in 'HP and the Half-Blood Prince.' [You should click on this picture. It's fairly enormous.]

No comments: