The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Brit a Day [#138]

Mr. Isaacs is standing down today to hold my hand through some nasty cramps....I wish.....OK, enough about me. Here's one of the loveliest Boy Brits ever, Alex Turner [right] with one of his Arctic Monkeys bandmates. This photo is years old--I doubt Alex was out of his teens--but the band had already exploded by then on an international scale. And I mean that in a good way!

I will do my best to arrange to send a dollar-off coupon for Midol to the person who tells me the bandmate's name. I feel rather rude for not knowing.

No comments: