The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Brit a Day [#146]

This post is for Thursday, and then I might take a wee break from posting for the Fourth of July weekend.

Many people look to "The Constant" as the peak episode of all the six seasons of LOST, and a lot of that praise is thanks to the performance of Henry Ian Cusick. However, this picture is not from "The Constant." It's not even from the same season.

"The Constant" would have meant next to nothing were it not for the groundwork that Ian laid down for his character Desmond in Season 3. Desmond is, by Ian's own admission, the best part he's ever played, and I say his work in Lost, Season 3, is the best he's ever done.

No comments: