The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Monday, July 19, 2010

A Brit a Day [#161]

You've seen this photo of Christian Bale before in my week of posts with the cast all wet. I owe a great debt to the site 'Wet Men' for allowing me to plunder the treasures on view there. I went back to find something new for this week, for where there are wet men there is also lots of gorgeous skin, but most of the ChB offerings were a bit too much skin for my purposes here. I did find this pic, though, [below] which I almost don't believe is real. The things that man has done to his body for the sake of art....emaciated down to loose skin hanging on bones for one film, and then all this for another.


No comments: