The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Friday, August 20, 2010

A Brit a Day [#187]

This post is for Saturday.

Graham Nash [left] isn't the owner of the biggest whiskers in this picture, but he did make up the refreshing Brit-pop quadrant of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. This photo by Henry Diltz is from one of my favorite photo sessions of all times, from the tour on which '4 Way Street' was recorded. The center fold of that album cover hung on the wall in my room for a long time, a single shot taken within minutes of this one, as I remember it. I found this one decades later, but now as then, the harmonies these guys made seem like they could only have come from angels. Yet they were so solid they made you feel like you could reach out and catch the notes in your hand.

No comments: