The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Friday, September 3, 2010

A Brit a Day [#200]

It is so appropriate that the bicentennial edition of A Brit a Day should feature my favorite brit. I love the picture used and the layout of the this article above, and wait.....we all read French, right?? :{

I jest. One of my closest friends, for whom French is her first language, moved to Northern California this summer. On the day we said our good-byes, another friend brought her a pillow embroidered with her own sentiments in French. When I clumsily tried to translate the pillow to English, my friend sighed and teased me affectionately, "You never did learn to read French..."

Anyhow, for the rest of us, here's another article about Eddie Argos from the early days of Art Brut's invasion.

No comments: