The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Brit a Day [#355]

I don't think it comes as a surprise to anyone that I frequently use my editor's choice day to post pictures of Ian Cusick. I clearly think he is the hottest, loveliest thing since toast was invented. Through a sisterhood of fans, the Sistahs, I've come to know a few things that go on in the Cusick household, too. For example, when his wife Annie cleans out his closet, she has brilliantly arranged to auction off some of Ian's better-known articles of clothing to raise money for a charity they are both passionate about, the Honolulu Theatre for Youth. Since Annie knows that the Sistahs have the emotional maturity of 15-year-olds where anything connected to Ian is concerned, these auctions are a sure-fire fundraiser for HTY.


The jeans featured in the 2 pictures above came on the block the other night. The sistahood met in a chatroom that became our virtual auction house. Less dignified than Sotheby's perhaps, but we had a blast. Somehow I found myself in a bidding war for the jeans, offering an amount that was double what I'd ever paid for a pair of jeans for myself. What can I say, I was drunk on those images and the aura those jeans were infused with. Then my sistah-bidder hit the gas and took the bidding into triple digits. I washed out on the side of the road.

When I recovered, I realized how much she really deserved them. She had been the unofficial organizer of Ian's fans long before he appeared on anyone's radar, before he was cast in 'LOST' and before there was any reason to be a Sistah. I could never begrudge her an article of his clothing. And besides being the recipient of those fabulous jeans, she was the recipient of the most obvious comment of the evening: "Honey, we always knew you wanted to get into Ian's pants."

2 comments:

a70eezchild said...

That was bloody brilliant!
Thanks for the shout out, sistah... and thanks for caving on the JIANS. I didn't realize how much I wanted them until that night... and I heart them already!
Photog Randee St. Nicholas is a master at capturing Ian at his most amazing, and Ian is just a constant treasure to behold!!

Jane is a said...

Thanks for reading this, sweetie, I was hoping you would see it! And between you and me, I don't think RSN could possibly take such soulful pictures of this particular subject unless she kinda had a thang for him like we do. She's definitely able to see something that isn't just on the surface....although the surface in question is very nice to look at, too.