The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Brit a Day [#360]

When in Rome.....

This photo of Henry Ian Cusick was taken in Rome in 2007 by an unidentified fan.

In about a month, my 15-year-old daughter will be taking her first major trip without me. She and a group of classmates are traveling to London, Paris, and Rome for 10 days with their beloved history teacher. Their teacher, Ms. M, has taken something like 14 different groups of students to Europe over the years, and has been there on her own some multiple of that many times, so I know the kids will be in good hands with an experienced guide.

Another thing that assures me that Ms. M is cool?--she rides a Vespa whenever she can.

No comments: