The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Brit a Day [#372]

Here are 2 of my lads in a single post. A few years ago, Dan Radcliffe was the primary guest on a talk show--Letterman, I think--and Art Brut was the musical guest. I wouldn't be surprised if Dan had a hand in choosing the musical talent since I know him to be a fan. In fact, I first heard Art Brut--and experienced the epiphany of hearing Eddie Argos' voice for the first time--on an internet radio station dedicated to the cutting-edge tastes of Dan Radcliffe. AB were in NYC for a string of gigs at the time of the Letterman invitation, and I remember Eddie blogging about the band being holed-up in their hotel room speed watching all the Harry Potter movies so as to be polite.

No comments: