The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Brit a Day [#422]

This post is for Thursday.

Henry Ian Cusick played Jesus in 'The Gospel of John,' and I recently re-watched the 3 hour version on DVD. Its script is simply word for word John's book of the New Testament. The storytelling is good, the film is beautiful, and watching it this time of year, I'm compelled to reflect on my own touchy relationship with Christianity. Christianity, or Xianity as I called it when I had to write it dozens of times in college history notes, is my culture, not my religion.

If you are interested on hearing my thoughts on being a non-religious admirer of Jesus, go here:

http://janellla.livejournal.com/7875.html

No comments: