The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Brit a Day [#501]





At the New York opening of 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2,' Alan Rickman was awarded the MTV Harry Potter World Cup, signifying Professor Snape's victory as the most loved of all the HP characters. I've made no secret of the fact that I have been a loyal Snape supporter since the first time Alan Rickman burst through the potions class door in HP1. I'll never forgive Chris Columbus for cutting that scene short and then Warner Brothers' hiding that deleted scene in an impossibly labyrinthine game on the DVD.

Anyway, there isn't much I can say about the Snape/Rickman chemistry [pun acknowledged but not really intended] that hasn't been said already. So I'll just be quiet and let the loveliness do the talking.






No comments: