The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Monday, July 16, 2012

A Brit a Day [#827]

He may have taken a very close second to Tom Hiddleston's first in the BBC Anglo Fans Favorite, but I guarantee you, next year is Benedict Cumberbatch's year, if not at the BBC, then in the greater world.  It may not be Shakespeare, but one more season of 'Sherlock' will cement his place in history.

4 comments:

designergirljac said...

I can relate! I need to get my cumberbatch fix and have resorted to watching, far too many, repeats of season 1 and 2. Once and awhile i will watch the Last Enemy. Even him reading poetry on my ipod!
I am jealous you made it into comic con this year. My daughter and i walked around downtown all day saturday and had a blast people watching. I am glad they didn't have the Sherlock crew there. I think i would have ditched work waayyyyy too many days to stalk.
Keep up the great postings!

Jane is a said...

Thanks! And thank you for commenting--nice to know someone is 'out there.'

He really is good in 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy,' if you haven't seen that yet.

Martin Freeman was at Comic Con for 'The Hobbit'. I didn't see him, but I imagine there are some good clips up on Youtube.

Jane is a said...

Hey girl, are you an interior designer then? I'm a somewhat retired set designer. All the more reason for me to notice/love the 221B Baker street setting, especially the wallpaper!
Were you in SD just for Comic-Con or do you live near here--if that's not too personal?
j

designergirljac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.