The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Brit a Day [#858]

Well, apparently I missed the boat [or the plane] by not having ABAD post #815 be 'Lost'-related.  And I could have easily done so since it was a Thursday, HIC's usual day.

I underestimated the significance of the number 815 to the 'Lost' fandom, but I won't let it happen again--yesterday was 8/15, and rumor has it [a rumor repeated by 'Lost' exec Damon Lindelof] that it was 815 days out from the 'Lost' finale airing.  So in honor of such, here, feel the love for all things 'Lost', especially Henry Ian Cusick, in the account below--or read the article from 2/2010 at the link:


This batch of young gals was in seventh heaven at all the cheek-to-cheeks they managed to achieve with so many LOST stars. Another tall fellow with a camera and I both promised to mail them a CD burned with all our photos. Henry Ian Cusick was a surprise to me; on LOST he looks so scruffy, bedraggled, and generally grubby but in reality he is a very VERY handsome man. Some quasi-drunken 20-something lads at the rear of the crowd noticed this as well and were making comments (whether inspired by envy or desire, I am unclear, but this was the same crew offering their hotel room numbers to Evangeline Lilly). Except for looking startled for a moment by one rather lustful-sounding male catcall Henry Ian Cusick took it all in stride with very good grace. He, like Terry O'Quinn, Jorge Garcia, and (to the extent she was allowed by the staff) Evangeline Lilly, really expended quite a bit of time and energy interacting with the crowd.

No comments: