The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Friday, March 29, 2013

A Brit a Day [#1057]



You may recall my posting these photographs back in January when Tom Hiddleston toured the nation of Guinea with a group from UNICEF.  These pictures were published along with Tom's excellent travel diary that he blogged to us from the field.  In the last few days, the photographer Harry Borden has shared more of his work as a part of that group, and I am amazed to find additional images from these same three settings that are at least as compelling, if not even more so.




The obvious connection Tom has with children, especially with the baby in the third-to-last picture, just flips my heart over in my chest.  This from a man who has tweeted about how babies look into your eyes and see you for exactly who you are; from a guy who has 'have a family' near the top of his bucket list...

If you'd like to see more of Harry Borden's beautiful images from his trip to Guinea with Tom, go here.

No comments: