The "Brit a Day" series

What does a months-long parade of attractive British men have to do with fiction, you might well ask? These gentlemen have inspired some lovely scenes, part of the life I live in my head. Over time, some of these scenes reach out to one another and begin to form a story. For the present, each one of these pictures provides a writing prompt for me, a way to keep me writing with a sense of passion and narrative, even when the stories are not yet fully formed.



Monday, October 21, 2013

A Brit a Day [#1244]





James May, what am I going to do with almost 500 pictures of you saved?  That really is the question.

I'm struggling to take my next step.  ABAD evolved from a fiction writing blog to justify my love affair with the ease of clicking and saving anything and everything pictured online.  It hasn't exactly taken on a life of its own--I get about 3 hits a day, I think.  I've thought about moving the ops over to Tumblr where the ease of access might give me more viewers and thus more reason to continue, but most of these images come from Tumblr in the first place.  So that would be pretty pointless.

If you really are out there, and you have an opinion, comment or email your thoughts.  I think I'll take another week to think about it.

4 comments:

Lu said...

Well, I'd be sad to lose ABAD from blogger.com but you do what you think best, dear Jane.

Jane is a said...

You are on Tumblr just as I am. seriously, can you help me think of reasons to keep a separate blog on blogger? I know there should be some reasons, I just can't think of them.

Lu said...

Well, tumblr is okay and all but when I really want to write about something, I end up here. For me it feels safe, in a way, more comfortable. But if you can't think of reasons to stay, maybe that's reason enough to leave? I'm not being very helpful, am I? *sighs*

Jane is a said...

No you are being helpful. I agree with a lot of what you say. I guess I see the difference this way--if I'm doing it for myself, or if I feel like ABAD deserves any kind of artistic integrity, then I should stay on blogger. If I don't care about staying in control, if I want to interact with more people, then I should switch to Tumblr. Some people manage to turn their Tumblr pages into a good place for their writing, but it seems to take a lot of patience. And they seem to need the feedback.

BTW, thanks for listening. I actually DO love interacting with people. Some of this could be a moot point soon, however, because I've been job hunting recently, and when I get a job, I don't think I'll have the stamina to do a daily. It certainly has been fun, though.